Monday, June 3, 2013

Cooling Mist with Essential Oils

Summer in the valley of the (surface of) the sun is intense. This will be my 25th Summer here, so I can say with some authority, it's not for the faint of heart. I've learned some tricks over the years to get through it though. One of the best tips I know-one that's been serving me since childhood-is simply a spray bottle of water. In front of the fan at home, in the car on the go. Keep a spray bottle with you to be your own mister.

So this weekend when we took a trip to a local farm (with baby in an non-air-conditioned car) I decided to give my spray bottle trick a little boost with essential oils. Many essential oils have cooling properties and are effective against fever, sunstroke, burns etc. So here's how I made my cooling mister:



Supplies: 
Glass Spray Bottle
Distilled Water
Cooling Essential Oil of choice
(try Lavender, Eucalyptus, or Peppermint)

Simply fill your glass spray bottle with distilled water and add essential oils. I used a 4 oz bottle and did 5 or so drops of Essential Oil.

I chose Lavender because of its mildness (safe for baby) and versatility. When we're plenty cool, I can still use this as a calming aromatic spray or as an antiseptic on scrapes etc. Awesome stuff.

It worked great and kept us and our sweet girl even keel all (hot) morning!

Give this multi-tasking spray a try. :)

Happy (Heat) Healing!
-Melissa





http://www.mydoterra.com/melissawkimball/

No comments:

Post a Comment