Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Balance-ing My Husband

My husband is awesome. Seriously.
Best. Ever.

Buuuuut, like most big, strong, manly men, he's skeptical about essential oils. The weird smells, sticker shock, and doubts that they're really doing anything (for him) have kept my sweet husband-man a few cautious steps behind me on my essential oil journey. Who can blame the guy? This is all voodoo and hokum, right? :P

So, like any loving, patient, long-suffering wife....I put the darn oils on him anyway. :D

....And then I proceed to ask him all sorts of probing questions. Any difference? How do you feel? How's your... [insert ailment here]?

'I dunno.... Fine.... Pretty much the same.'

Curses.

Here I am beating my brains out rubbing oils on every little boo-boo and these stink bombs aren't even on his radar.

I stay determined.

I will prevail!

So, night before last, I pull up a youtube video. "I want to show you something...."



And we watch this video together...

The video is pretty self-explanatory, but here's the gist: A guy gets his finger pricked twice and his red blood cells examined under a microscope. One blood sample to begin with and then another taken 30 seconds after applying a single drop of Balance essential oil blend to his feet.
Yeah. ONE drop. 30 seconds.

Before.....

Clumpy, Dumpy, Frumpy. 
This looks to me like the dragging afternoon hours of a 9 to 5 job. Anyone feel like this?


and AFTER....

Now look at those cheery little guys! Chugging along, zipping on through with ease! Just having a grand old time!

....You'll remember from your 8th grade (or whenever you had it) biology class that Cells are the building blocks of life. What building blocks would you rather be made out of? Sign me up for the latter!



"...Wow. That's really drastic," says Husband-man.

(Sweet! He's getting it!) I don't want to push it though, so I go about my evening business...While I'm getting my little miss ready for bed (diaper change with some Lavender for a diaper rash, On Guard and Breathe for a cough she's been fighting)...and Husband-man asks:

"So are you gonna put any of that stuff on me?"

(Huge inner grin! You bet your sweet patootie, I am! *throws mental confetti*)

"Sure." :) So Husband got a few drops of Balance on his feet before bed and we all settle down for the night.

In the morning, I ask him if he thinks it made a difference. He tells me yes, and definitely believe him, but I know what he's feeling is far out-shadowed by the evidence that sold him on it. Seeing is believing, right? Either way, I know he knows it worked. (*more confetti!*)

The moral of the story here? (Besides that Balance is an amazingly awesome and powerful blend...)
-It doesn't have to feel like an earth-shattering miracle to be beneficial.
And...
-Sometimes you just have to let the science speak.



Happy Healing!
-Melissa


Get Balance-d HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment