Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Headache That Started It All

While pregnant with my sweet girl, I started getting headaches. Bad headaches. The first migraines of my life. I still counted myself lucky, since I'd escaped the first trimester with little more than a couple nauseated weeks, but it was rough. 
 I found myself, on a weekend away for my anniversary, lying perfectly still in bed breathing through the pain. 

I was never one to pop a pill for a headache, and I wasn't about to start while pregnant. So, my husband did what he could to massage it better and in the next weeks I looked for another solution.

I remembered a friend blogging about an essential oil blend that had helped her headaches. Scouring the internet, I came to doTERRA's PastTense blend
...wintergreen, lavender, peppermint, frankincense, cilantro, marjoram, roman chamomile, basil, and rosemary...
I went back to the internet to check out the contraindications for pregnancy. Although everyone had their own opinions on the safety of each of the oils, the only one I really felt iffy about was wintergreen.

Wintergreen is 97% methyl salicylate (the active ingredient in aspirin, but naturally ocurring), so I gave it some thought. I wasn't going to be using that oil alone and I was much more comfortable with a natural compound than a synthesized one. I also believe in the intuitive nature of essential oils. If you feel drawn to an oil and feel good about the oil, it's probably an oil for you....so I ordered my first essential oil (along with some Balance, Breathe, and Peppermint just in case).

I rolled it on my forehead, temples and back of my neck and fell in love. In minutes, I was feeling better. The testimonials were SO right!

And, as they say, the rest is history.

This blend is definitely a must have and helps with so much more than headaches. Give it a try!


Happy Healing!
-Melissa



http://www.mydoterra.com/melissawkimball/

No comments:

Post a Comment